Ear, Nose & Throat
Complete ENT Solutions
As a result of a half-century experience in research and development, Medtronic’s high-quality medical solutions guarantee smooth procedure workflow and ensure excellent therapeutic results. With Medtronic’s complete product range Vega Medical is able to consult and support you in the most demanding and complex cases.
Our ENT portfolio covers all surgical therapies – from planning, through surgical access and navigation, to wound closure and treatment.
Image Guided Surgery
Avoiding orbital injuries, entry into the brain, and the carotid artery are paramount, navigation systems deliver meaningful innovation. With reliable accuracy, you can see the instrument-tip location on the screen — which may allow more thorough dissection and reduced complication risk in select patients.
Image-guided surgery is used for procedures including:
- Revision sinus surgery
- Distorted sinus anatomy of development, postoperative, or traumatic origin
- Extensive sino-nasal polyposis
- Pathology involving the frontal, posterior ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses
- Disease abutting the skull base, orbit, optic nerve, or carotid artery
- CSF rhinorrhea or conditions where there is a skull base defect
- Benign and malignant sino-nasal neoplasms
The StealthStation™ is a navigation system for your most basic to your most complex cases. It is built on decades of scientific, clinical and engineering research. StealthStation™ ENT offers electromagnetic technology that expands what was previously possible with image-guided surgery so you can see more, do more.
- Flat under-the-head emitter
- Optional side-mount emitter
- Additional EM coils create large EM field
- Patient registration provides numerical and visual accuracy feedback
- Virtual endoscopy provides a simulated 3D endoscopic view of the sinuses
- 3D modeling provides enriched visualization
The modular Fusion Compact™ gives you the freedom to use navigation where and when you need it.
- Convenient, portable
- Touchscreen interface
- Digital video input and output
- 8 ports for AxiEM™ instruments
- Familiar Medtronic navigation design
- Optional tripod stand for emitter and emitter arm
Intraoperative NIM nerve monitors enable surgeons to identify, confirm, and monitor motor nerve function during a variety of surgical procedures to help reduce the potential risk of nerve damage.
Indications for EMG monitoring procedures include:
- Neck Dissections
- Thoracic Surgeries
- Upper and Lower Extremities
Based on more than 20 years of experience, the NIM-Response® 3.0 and NIM-Neuro® 3.0 offer advanced nerve monitoring technology with an easy-to-use interface. NIM® systems monitor EMG activity from multiple muscles. If there is a change in nerve function, the NIM system may provide audible and visual warnings to help reduce the risk of nerve damage. NIM 3.0 systems feature an intuitive touchscreen, three simple user modes, and default or custom settings. They also offer:
- Monitoring during bipolar cautery
- Artifact detection software
- Stim Bur integration for the Visao® Drill
- Real-time continuous monitoring with the APS® Electrode
- Control from the surgical field
- Multiple USB ports for easy documentation
Powered Surgical Instruments
Powered ENT Instruments from Medtronic help facilitate better precision, surgical access, and patient outcomes for a variety of ENT surgeries. The instruments offer features like:
- The widest range of application-specific blades and burs
- Blade tips that rotate 360°
- Quadcut® blades that offer real relief from blade clogging
- Factory-calibrated blades for image-guided surgical navigation
- Anterior skull base burs for transnasal endoscopic approaches
- High-speed, application-specific curved burs
- IntelliFlow® remote control irrigation
- Improved Endo-Scrub® 2 lens cleaning sheaths for maximum visualization
- Integration with other Medtronic ENT devices
The IPC® System is a multispecialty power console that works for a variety of ENT surgeries. It features an easy touchscreen menu, remote control irrigation, and runs multiple handpieces.
From inferior turbinoplasties to complex skull base cases, the IPC platform can serve your full range of ENT surgery needs.
The IPC® powers all of your favorite Medtronic ENT handpieces. You can connect up to four handpieces at once, including the Straightshot® M4 Microdebrider, Indigo™ Otologic Drill, Midas Rex® Legend® Stylus® Drills, and Endo-Scrub® 2 Lens Cleaning Sheaths.
Straightshot® M4 Microdebrider
The Straightshot® M4 Microdebrider is an innovative powered handpiece for ENT surgery that helps improve intraoperative functionality and precision when incising or removing soft tissue, hard tissue, or bone. It’s powered by the multispecialty Integrated Power Console (IPC® System).
Indigo Otologic Drill
The Indigo Otologic Drill offers excellent surgical access and visibility. Its small, lightweight body provides the power and performance required for a wide range of otologic procedures.
Visao® High-Speed Otologic Drill
The Visao® High-Speed Otologic Drill allows remarkable surgical visibility and access with patented curved burs that feature an outer, non-rotating tube design to help protect critical anatomy from mechanical injury. With a lightweight, ergonomic titanium exterior, our Visao drill provides a well-balanced, comfortable handpiece with integrated water-cooling and low operating temperatures for long procedures.
Balloon Sinus Dilation
NuVent™ EM Balloon Sinus Dilation System
NuVent™ balloon sinus dilation is a simple, targeted system for balloon sinus surgery with built-in electromagnetic (EM) surgical navigation technology. NuVent™ offers a unique addition to the broad spectrum of sinus surgery treatments.
The NuVent™ EM Balloon Sinus Dilation System features rigid balloon sinus seekers pre-calibrated for surgical navigation with the Fusion® ENT Navigation System during balloon sinus surgery. Using the system, you can locate and move tissue, bone, or cartilage around sinus drainage pathways.
- Plug-and-play with Fusion surgical navigation. Balloon sinus seekers with built-in АxiEM™ tracking.
- A simple system for balloon sinus surgery. Only three parts: balloon sinus seeker, tubing, and inflator.
- Frontal, maxillary, and sphenoid designs. For balloon sinus surgery in the frontal, maxillary, and sphenoid sinuses.
- Safety features. Protective valve indicator to help prevent accidental over-inflation.